Here are the five residential transactions that closed for the highest dollar amount in 2016:
- 11990 Market St. #2101 sold for its full asking price of $1.6M. The 1BR/3BA, 2,075 sqft penthouse-level unit carries a condo fee of $1,165.42/month.
- 1830 Fountain Drive #1505 sold for $1.525M (listed at $1,549,900) received a contract after 234 days on the market. The 3BR/3.5BA penthouse in The Paramount boasts 3,000 sqft and a $1,178/month condo fee.
- 1484 Waterfront Road, $1,347,500 (5BR/3.5BA)
- 2637 Fox Mill Road, $1.335M (5BR/5FBA/2HBA)
- 11570 Lake Newport Road, $1.3M (5BR/3.5BA)
Comparatively, in 2015, here are the five residential transactions that closed for the highest dollar amount:
- 11308 Stoneledge Court, $2.3M (8BR/11FBA/2HBA)
- 11990 Market St. #2104 closed at full asking price of $1.7M. The 2BR/2.5BA penthouse unit of 1,986 sqft has a $1,041.78/month condo fee.
- 11310 Stoneledge Ct., $1.6M (5BR/7BA)
- 1203 Bishopsgate Way, $1.5M (7BR/6.5BA)
- 11569 Lake Newport Road, $1.5M (4BR/3.5BA)
As of Jan. 1, 2017, there are 157 properties on the market in Reston for sale, ranging from $129,990 for a 1BR/1BA in Thoreau Place (a 55+ community) to $1,299,900 for a 5BR/4.5BA single family home in the Estates at Wyndham Hills.