We’ve gathered all the reports with predictions and analyses about the location of Amazon’s HQ2, which is slated to bring 50,000 white collar jobs and $5B in investments. Where do you think the giant will land?
Moving to Reston is interviewing members of the community who are a part of small businesses that serve the Reston area. Next up is Scott Silverstein, a loan consultant with Caliber Home Loans.
How did you get started in the real estate industry?
My background is in journalism, and I used to work as a newspaper reporter. As my husband and I were planning to move back to the States after serving two years overseas with the State Dept., a colleague suggested to me that I’d be great in real estate. I looked into what it would take to get a license. I ended up taking the licensure classes and sat for the national, Virginia and D.C. exams when we got back. And that was almost two years ago!
Moving to Reston is interviewing members of the community who are a part of small businesses that serve the Reston area.
Meet Mike Kilian, the Director of Business Development for Mvix, a leading provider of turnkey digital signage, video wall, and interactive kiosk solutions with enterprise content management systems (CMS). Mvix is a member of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce.
Local Real Estate News
CoreSite to spend $60M in acquiring Sunrise Technology Park, $90M on first phase of new development, $500M on building out space over time (via RestonNow)
- Of the roughly 20M sqft of vacant office space in Fairfax County, JBG principal Greg Trimmer said a disproportionate amount sits in suburban office parks, while Reston Town Center has just 3 percent vacancy. (via BisNow)
- Charts: D.C.’s rents rising, homeownership dropping (via Curbed DC)
- 5 questions to ask about flood insurance (via PBS, NPR, Frontline)
- For fun: Woman who now owns the “Brady Bunch” house thwarted burglars attempting to enter her home (via realtor.com)
Editor’s note: Champagne Services changed its name to Rescue Me Cleaning in March 2017.
Moving to Reston is interviewing members of the community who are a part of small businesses that serve the Reston area. Up next is Geoff Crawley of Champagne Services, a chemical-free, organic house cleaning company. Champagne Services is a member of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce.
Local Real Estate News
- Being on paid maternity leave is no grounds for denying a mortgage (via WashingtonPost)
- D.C. rents grew faster than national rents (via Curbed DC)
- D.C. ranks fifth in America’s top 20 apartment boom towns of 2016 (via Curbed DC)
- Freddie Mac sees rates staying less than 4% through 2017 (via UrbanTurf DC)
- For ceilings, what a difference a foot makes (via WSJ)