Local Real Estate News
How much have home values changed during the past year? That’s probably the question we’re most often asked. Here’s a direct answer: the average sales price in the metro D.C. area is up 1.2% from this time a year ago.
And how does that relate to the value of your home? It doesn’t. Market conditions vary from area to area, and we think the recent market activity in three “cities” illustrates this perfectly.
- The home peril that’s hiding in plain sight (via realtor.com)
- Since 2000, home values in D.C. and its suburbs have gone opposite ways (via Urban Turf DC)
- New single family homes are getting smaller (via NAR)
- Why single ladies are buying a place of their own (via Fannie Mae)
- 10 epic design fails hiding inside people’s homes (via realtor.com)
Upcoming Local Events
The fifth annual South Lakes 10K will be held Aug. 28 to benefit South Lakes High School’s cross-country team. Overall awards will be $150/$100/$50 for the top 3 males and females. The cost to participate is $40/in advance, $45/day-of. Click here to register. To volunteer, email Terri Marlin at email@example.com.
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.