Local Real Estate News
- Being on paid maternity leave is no grounds for denying a mortgage (via WashingtonPost)
- D.C. rents grew faster than national rents (via Curbed DC)
- D.C. ranks fifth in America’s top 20 apartment boom towns of 2016 (via Curbed DC)
- Freddie Mac sees rates staying less than 4% through 2017 (via UrbanTurf DC)
- For ceilings, what a difference a foot makes (via WSJ)
Upcoming Local Events
Don’t forget all of the FREE summer film festivals, concerts, community cookouts, ice cream socials and yoga classes in Reston listed here.
Summer Restaurant Week
Summer is here and so are the great eats that come along with it — delicious backyard barbecues, cool crisp salads and fresh-squeezed lemonade. But, when you want something a little bit special, maybe a little bit exotic or even a little bit out of your regular food budget then this is for you — it’s Summer Restaurant Week in D.C.
The foodie-fave week runs through Aug. 21. You can stop by and chomp on a variety of foods from many ethnic groups with diverse flavors for a discounted price.
Up to 250 restaurants will be participating in the annual event, which is hosted by the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington. In Reston, The Melting Pot, Morton’s The Steakhouse and PassionFish are participating.
The event is held twice a year, once in the summer and once in the winter. It’s the best place for foodies in the DMV to add something interesting to their palate and plate. The three-course, prix-fixe menus start at $20.14 for lunch and $35.14 for dinner. Drinks are not included.
—McEnearney Associates, “Summer Restaurant Week in D.C.”
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.