Local Real Estate News
- Washington, D.C. ranks as sixth priciest U.S. city to rent in (via Curbed DC)
- How much cheaper are the suburbs? (via Forbes)
- “Real estate closings are hobbled, sometimes even derailed, by a seller’s last-minute adjustment of terms. What the buyer had believed was included in the transaction — the Viking stove, the Sub-Zero refrigerator, the sconces in the living room, the fresco in the dining room, the brass carpet rods on the staircase — isn’t part of the deal after all.”
—What sellers leave behind (via NYTimes Real Estate)
- 6 things your home stager wishes you knew (via realtor.com)
- Smart doesn’t always mean an easy home (via NYTimes Real Estate)
Upcoming Local Events
Col. Wolfgang Samuel will sign copies of his books American Raiders, Coming to Colorado,German Boy, Glory Days, I Always Wanted to Fly, In Defense of Freedom, The War of Our Childhood and Watson’s Whizzers from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 16, at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly.
Reston Association (RA) will host “Campfire Folklore” from 7 to 8:30 p.m. July 21, at the WNC Campfire Ring (Soapstone Drive between Glade Drive and Lawyers Road). The campfire has always been a great place to gather and hear stories of past and present. Hear a few fables and share a story of your own if you would like. Roasting marshmallows will be part of the fun. Registration required by July 18. $7/RA members, $9/non-members. Email email@example.com or call 703-476-9689.
Every Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. through Sept. 29, the Reston Town Center Pavilion will be transformed into an off-leash play area. There will be treats, toys, areas to cool off, pet-friendly giveaways and more. Free. Rain or Shine.
The 68th Annual Fairfax County 4-H Fair and Carnival will be held Thursday, Aug. 4-Sunday, Aug. 7, at Frying Pan Park. Featuring old-fashioned country fun with carnival games, rides, fair exhibits and a tractor pull . Watch 4-H exhibitors get their farm animals ready to show, visit exhibit booths, try farm chores, enjoy fair food and watch stage entertainment, dog and horse shows, and more. Admission is free. Parking is $8/car/day. Call 703-437-9101.
Don’t forget all of the FREE summer film festivals, concerts, community cookouts, ice cream socials and yoga classes in Reston listed here.
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.