Local Real Estate News
- 19 Offers, $412,000 Above Asking: The East Capitol Street Premium (via UrbanTurf DC)
- The Shrinking of the American Lawn — As houses have gotten bigger, yard sizes have receded. What gives? (via CityLab)
- 3.41%: Mortgage Rates Head Toward Record Lows (via UrbanTurf DC)
- For fun: A die-hard Star Trek fan’s $1.5M Enterprise (via WSJ Real Estate)
Upcoming Reston Events
- Reston Association (RA) will host “Fabulous Fireflies” from 7:30 to 9 p.m. July 15 at Brown’s Chapel (1575 Brown’s Chapel Road). Fireflies, also known as lightning bugs, are fascinating fluorescing insects. Discover what makes them glow and why they blink their lights on and off. Find out what they eat, how they grow and where they live. Learn how to attract them to your yard. Play a firefly game and take home a fun craft. $6/person RA members, $8/person non-members. All ages. Reservation required by July 11. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-476-9689
- At the Reston Regional Library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive):
- Hosts adult coloring sessions every third Thursday of the month from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Meeting Room 2. The next session is July 21. Relax, unwind and turn loose your inner artist. Choose from a collection of intricate designs and bring them to life with color. Coloring pages, pens and pencils provided.
- Children ages 5-11 can read aloud to a trained therapy dog July 12 (7-7:45 p.m., sessions available every 15 minutes). Bring your own book or choose a book from the library. Call or sign up online. Free.
- Explore the universe, stars and other celestial wonders from 7 to 8 p.m. July 13. Presented by astronomer and former NASA consultant Kevin Manning. Cosponsored by the Friends of the Reston Regional Library. For ages 6-12, no younger children or adults admitted. Free.
Don’t forget all of the FREE summer film festivals, concerts, community cookouts, ice cream socials and yoga classes in Reston listed here.
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.