- Lake Newport Pool (11601 Lake Newport Road), noon-4 p.m. — Start the day with a splash! Come to the pool and enjoy the festivities before you go enjoy fireworks. There will be a DJ, contests and prizes. Pizza, popcorn and cotton candy will be available for purchase. Cancelled in the event of rain.
- Lake Fairfax Fireworks Spectacular at Lake Fairfax Park (1400 Lake Fairfax Dr.), 9:15 p.m. Admission is free, but there is a parking fee of $5/car.
- 4th of July Fireworks on the National Mall starts around 9:10 p.m. and lasts for 17 minutes. Fireworks will be launched from the Reflecting Pool area and will be visible from many locations in D.C. and Virginia.
- A Capitol Fourth Concert, 8-9:30 p.m. on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol (E. Capitol St. and First St. NW, Washington, D.C.)
- An American Celebration at George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate (3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy., Mount Vernon), 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Featuring a naturalization ceremony for new citizens with a special keynote address, daytime fireworks, military re-enactments, a special wreathlaying ceremony, free birthday cake for all (while supplies last) and a visit from the “first” first couple, “Gen. and Mrs. Washington.” Enjoy a performance by the National Concert Band’s during its “Red, White and Blue” concert.
National Independence Day Parade — 11:45 a.m. (Constitution Ave. and 7th St., Washington, D.C.) Featuring marching bands, military and specialty units, floats and VIPs.
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.