Local Real Estate News
Freddie Mac: These are the 4 things Baby Boomers want in their next home (via HousingWire)
- After a lull, report shows that Americans are back to living alone (via UrbanTurf DC)
- Checklist for winning a bidding war (via NYTimes Real Estate)
- The State of the Nation’s Housing (via UrbanTurf DC)
- Drones on Wheels: D.C.’s newest delivery technology (via UrbanTurf DC)
Upcoming Local Events
Don’t forget all of the FREE summer film festivals, concerts, community cookouts, ice cream socials and yoga classes in Reston listed here.
Friday Night Live! is back! Touted as the most popular outdoor concert series in the Washington, D.C., Metro area (also named BEST of NoVA in 2012 by Northern Virginia Magazine and called a “Must See” while in Fairfax County), you’ll be guaranteed a good time while jamming to everything from reggae to funk and even original tunes just for good measure.
Friday Night Live! takes place in the Town Green (777 Lynn St.) in downtown Herndon, which runs every Friday until Aug. 26. The event promises to feature the most popular local and regional acts from up and down the East Coast.
The shows usually last from about 6:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. Shows are free to the public. So settle on the grass atop your favorite picnic blanket and enjoy summer nights with fellow music lovers. Full schedule (as it stands now) below:
- July 1: Turtle Recall (8 p.m.), and South Bay (6:30 p.m.)
- July 8: Kristen & the Noise
- July 15: Crazy in Stereo (8 p.m.), and Six to Midnight (6:30 p.m.)
- July 22: The Reflex
- July 29: Herr Metal (8 p.m.), and Dr FU (6:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 5: Sam Grow (starts at about 8 PM), and Delta Spur (6:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 12: Love Seed Mama Jump
- Aug. 19: For the Win
- Aug. 26: The Vigilantes
—McEnearney Associates, “Friday Night Live Returns”
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.