Local Real Estate News
Here are 5 townhouses new to the Reston real estate market this week (photos below):
- Grab this 2BD/1.5BA townhouse for less than $300K ($294,900 to be exact). Featuring 960 sqft with new floors, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors, newer roof and windows. Small and private community. HOA includes lawn care ($390/quarterly).
- If being on the water is more your style, then check out this 4BD/3.5BA townhome ($695,000) on Lake Audubon. Featuring a deck off the living/dining room and another off the rec room.
- This end-unit overlooks the Reston National Golf Course and boasts granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances, refinished hardwood floors, upgraded bathrooms, new carpet and wood burning fireplace. 3BD/3.5BA, $449,900
- Back to the water we go with this 4BD/3.5BA townhome over 4 levels. Priced at $719,000, it offers granite counter tops with maple cabinets and stainless steel appliances, patio off the den, entire wall of windows in master bedroom overlooking the lake and a second patio on the top floor.
- This three-level end-unit townhome is located next to Reston National Golf Course. Featuring updated kitchen and bathrooms, large deck, clean and move-in ready. 3BD/2FBA/2HBA, $469,900
Information gathered from MLS on April 26, 2016.
Upcoming Local Events
Home & Garden Expo — Host by the Reston Association (RA). 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 30 (rain or shine) at 12001 Sunrise Valley Drive. Get advice on interior and exterior home improvements from a variety of experts and exhibitors. Free.
Spring Festival — Hosted by Reston Association (RA). 1-5 p.m. May 7 (rain or shine), Walker Nature Center (11450 Glade Drive). Free. Featuring entertainment, live animals, fishing activities, crafts for kids, information about environmental groups, canoe and kayak rental on Lake Audubon ($3), native plant sale, acoustic music and more. Click here for more information.
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments is inviting you to take a ride with them for 2016’s Bike to Work Day.
Scheduled for May 20 this year, Bike to Work Day is an annual nationwide event that was started in 2012 by the JBG Companies (a real estate conglomerate in the metro D.C. area) to encourage a healthier commute as a fun travel alternative from the norm. In other words, good-bye, stressful traffic, hello, stress-free fresh air. And yes, we know: We make it sound so good! Apparently some folks agree, because last year’s event broke records by drawing more than 17,500 bike commuters. Thousands are expected to participate in this year’s event as well.
This year’s Reston Pit Stop will be held at the Plaza at the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station (1862 Wiehle Ave.) from 6:30 to 9 a.m.
Interested in joining in? You can sign up online (it’s free!) and the first 15,000 people to register will be able to pick up a free shirt at the Pit Stop of their choice—and there are 83 pit stops celebrating Bike to Work Day across the region. Each is setup to provide entertainment, food, drink and access to tons of awesome prizes. Prep for the big day by learning more about being a bike commuter, find a commuter convoy to ride with and/un-rust your cycling skills with a City Cycling Class. Get riding!
—McEnearney Associates, “Ride on: Join thousands on Bike to Work Day to promote healthier living”
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.