Local Real Estate News
- This week’s home search in Reston: Single family homes with 4+ bedrooms for $500K-$600K (see below)
- 6 upgrades for less than $1,000 that give you the most bang for your buck (via Forbes)
- Tips to tame your under-kitchen-sink madness (Via HouseLogic)
- House hunting by helicopter takes off (via Wall Street Journal)
Upcoming Local Events
- Spring Book Sale — Friends of the Reston Regional Library will hold its semi-annual Book Sale April 21-24. Proceeds benefit Reston Regional Library programs. 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and noon-3 p.m. Sunday.(Via RestonNow)
- Lyrids Meteor Shower Campfire — Come enjoy a campfire at Lake Fairfax Park while viewing the full moon and possibly the Lyrids meteor shower from 8 to 9:30 p.m. April 23. Bring a flashlight as a night hike is included. For ages 4-adult. $8/person. Call 703-471-5414 or click here to register.
- Gestational Diabetes Class — Reston Hospital Center (Conference Room B, 1850 Town Center Pkwy.) will offer a free class from 9 a.m. to noon April 26, on what you need to know to manage gestational diabetes. The Certified Diabetes Educator will design a meal plan just for you and review the healthy eating plan; teach how to monitor your blood sugar and will be given a blood glucose meter; and review what gestational diabetes is, exercise, prevention of type 2 diabetes and medications. The hospital will follow-up with you over the phone in a week after the class to discuss your progress with the diet and blood sugar numbers. The patient may bring a support person to the class. Call to register.
- Operation Medicine Cabinet — Sponsored by Fairfax County and the United Prevention Coalition. Bring your unused and unwanted medication from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 3o to Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station, 12000 Bowman Towne Dr., and it will be properly destroyed. (Via RestonNow)
Here are the 6 single family homes you can buy in Reston with at least 4 bedrooms, in the price range of $500K-$600K (Information gathered from the Multiple Listing Service on April 18, 2016).
- 12406 Kings Lake Drive ($510,000) — This 4BD/2.5BA split-level home, at just under 2,000 total finished square feet, offers new carpet; country kitchen with new granite counters, sink and faucet; new hardwood floors in the kitchen, dining room and living room; new windows; and sits on 0.48 acre lot.
- 12415 King Lakes Drive ($544,000) — This 4BD/2.5BA colonial home, at 2,480 total finished square feet, has hickory kitchen cabinets and granite counter tops, hardwood floor throughout the main level, new siding and roof, new windows and new gas furnace.
- 2348 Bedfordshire Circle ($525,000) — This 4BD/3BA detached home on 0.46 acres has 2,362 finished square feet over two levels. Open concept with stainless steel appliances and lower level conducive to entertaining.
- 2121 Salt Kettle Way ($575,900) — This 4BD/3.5BA home offers bright kitchen overlooking the fenced backyard, hot tub and owner’s suite on the main level.
- 2074 Cobblestone Lane ($569,900) — A 4BD/3.5BA New England-style colonial has hardwood floors on two levels, granite counter tops and finished basement.
- 2457 Freetown Drive ($549,887) — A 4BD/3.5BA home of almost 3,200 total finished square feet sits on 0.36 acres noted to be great for investors. Offers large windows, high ceilings, open floor plan and screened-in porch. Sold as-is.
Did I miss an event happening today? Know about something coming up? Have a real estate question? Let me know in the comments below.