Local Real Estate News
Here are the five largest homes for sale in Reston, based on taxable square footage (does not include basements, even if above ground) as entered into the MRIS as of March 16, 2016.
1371 Cameron Heath Drive, $1,350,000; 5,456 taxable square feet, 6,756 total square feet — This 6BD/5.5BA all-brick single family home in One Cameron Place offers hardwood floors on the main and upper levels, 2-story foyer, formal living and dining rooms, and a gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances on a quarter of an acre.
1235 Tottenham Court, $1,195,000; 4,895 taxable square feet (no total square footage listed) — A 5BD/5.5BA home situated on a cul-de-sac in the Langley school district has a pool, renovated kitchen and master bathroom, freshly painted throughout, a large sunroom with cathedral ceiling and a 2-story family room, all on three-quarters of an acre.
11308 Stones Throw Drive, $1,325,000; 4,662 taxable square feet, 6,662 total square feel — Previously mentioned on Moving to Reston as one of the five most expensive homes on the market in Reston, this 5BD/4.5BA single family home is located in the Estates At Wyndham Hills on 0.58 acre. Built in 1999, the listing says the home has been “totally updated inside and out” with hardwood floors, built-in storage, a two-story foyer, hardwood floors, two fireplaces, great windows and light. The master bedroom is on the main level, with an in-law suite on the lower level.
11302 Stones Throw Drive, $1,250,000; 4,431 taxable square feet, 6,698 total square feet — Also on the aforementioned list was this 6BD/4.5BA three-sided brick home with a three-car custom garage, a two-story foyer, granite and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, two fireplaces and hardwood floors on the main level. The home sits on 0.58 acres. Listed at $1,299,000, with $644 HOA fees annually.
11262 Center Harbor Road, $1,075,000; 4,264 taxable square feet, 5,416 total square feet — This 4BD/4.5BA home on 0.37 acres has hardwood floors and a two-story foyer with a spiral staircase, granite countertops and black appliances, butler’s pantry, tons of storage in the kitchen, large master bedroom with sitting area and three fireplaces.
Interested in seeing these homes or others on the market? Let me know, I’d be happy to show you around.
Craft breweries are in, and there are several good ones located in and around Fairfax County.
- Aslin Beer Company, 257 Sunset Park Dr, Herndon — Taproom open Wednesday-Sunday.
- Caboose Brewing Co., 520 Mill Street NE, Vienna — Taproom and restaurant open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Also serves six wines and cider on tap.
- Fair Winds Brewing Co., 7000 Newington Rd., Suites K&L, Lorton — Tasting room open Wednesday-Sunday; free tours available at 3 and 5 p.m. the first Saturday of the month; food trucks on premises during the weekend. Non-alcoholic drinks available. Kid-friendly.
- Forge Brew Works, 8532 Terminal Road, Suite L, Lorton — Tasting room open Wednesday-Sunday; tours available by reservation; no food available on premises, but can order delivery. Kid- and dog-friendly.
- Lake Anne Brew House, 11424 Washington Plaza W., Reston — Opening in April 2016; taproom open Thursday-Sunday. Tours of our brewery available when the Brewmaster is present.