Local Real Estate News
Here’s an updated list of the development and plans currently in the works for around Reston:
- The former American Press Institute headquarters (11690 Sunrise Valley Dr.) is planned to be redeveloped into 37 town homes.
- A new development dubbed “Lincoln at Commerce Park” (Sunrise Valley Dr. & Association Dr.) will feature 260 multi-family residential units
- A 75,000-square-foot office building at 1831 Wiehle Ave. will be converted into a mixed-use building with 504 multi-family residential units and up to 61,000-square-feet of retail.
- Located at the spot of the former Reston Mini-Storage and a commercial strip in the 11400 block of Sunset Hills Road, the site will house a 421-unit apartment building with 10,000-square-feet of ground-floor retail.
- 500 apartments, a 175-room hotel, roughly 400,000-square-feet of office, and ground-floor retail on the sites of 1850 Centennial Park Drive, 11400 Commerce Park Drive, and 11440 Commerce Park Drive, respectively.
- Madewell is coming to Reston Town Center.
- A second Chick-fil-a in Reston is planned for 1490 North Point Village Center, which currently houses a BB&T Bank branch.
Go to Frying Pan Farm Park from 2 to 3:30 p.m. and find out if groundhogs can really predict the weather. Participants age 2 to adult can visit a groundhog burrow, enjoy games and make their own groundhog friend to take home. Hot chocolate is provided.
The cost is $8, and all participants must register. Call 703-437-9101 or click here.
RESCHEDULED: The Reston Community Center (RCC) in Hunters Woods will host the 3rd Annual Reston Camp Expo from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
today Jan. 30. Learn about providers who serve Reston youth throughout the school year and summer.
The Expo also features employment information, live demonstrations, and fun crafts and activities for children.
If you would like more information or have specific questions about camps offered by Reston Community Center, call Director of Leisure and Learning Eileen Boone at 703-390-6162.
If you go:
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 30
Reston Community Center in Hunter Woods, 2310 Colts Neck Road, Reston, VA 20191
Did I miss an event happening today? Know of something coming up? Let me know in the comments below.